Referring to:


Now referring all clients to:

http://www.adoreevents.biz

Friday, December 19, 2008

Adnan's 55th Birthday!

A few weeks ago, I got a call on a Wednesday from a girl who wanted to plan a surprise 55th birthday party for her dad- on FRIDAY!! Believe it or not, this is every planner's dream come true (well, maybe not always) because we really get to kick into high gear and show what we're made of! It was so much fun! I hung up the phone, made a few phone calls, and went straight to their house, where the party was to be held. We picked out linens, flowers, and decor and then hit the ground running. They have an absolutely beautiful home, with a living room big enough to seat the 30 guests who were invited. With the help of Betsy at The Plant Shoppe and Danette Drageset of Cakes!, I pulled together an awesome party! Adnan's wife even hired belly dancers to give almost an hour-long performance! On a personal level, I stepped out of my comfort zone a little and tried some very spicy Pakistani food- which was actually really good! Everyone had a great time- especially the birthday boy- and I hope to be able to do a party like this again in the near future! Maybe a more than a couple of days notice next time... although I really enjoyed this challenge!

No comments: