Referring to:


Now referring all clients to:

http://www.adoreevents.biz

Monday, May 4, 2009

Things that could go wrong...will it be you?

As planners it is always hard to hear when things go wrong at events you weren’t involved in. Sometimes they are funny are a great to laugh at. Other times it is sad to hear what a couple might have gone through. This is when I wish I could plan every event and never charge. Simply because I love what I do but I just hate to hear what people have walked through when they don’t have a planner or a day of coordinator. Let me just share a few common things that happen. Now note that there is no way I could list all of the things I have heard over the years.
· Spray Tan day before the wedding. (Didn’t do a trial run)
· Didn’t do a makeup trial
· Didn’t do a hair trial
· Forgot to get the dress altered
· Forgot to wear waterproof mascara
· Forgot under garments
· Forgot black socks
· Didn’t remember to order linens for certain tables at the reception
· Forgot to purchase the sand for the sand ceremony
· Forgot to pick up my wedding dress

The list can go on and on. I have heard it all from articles, to movies and even real stories of people that I meet in passing. Some bring me to laughter and other stories to tears. So before you start on your next event you need to realize just how important a planner or day of coordinator is to your event. It can be from your event going off flawlessly or it falling apart. Which will yours be? I hope the first one.
~Angela

1 comment:

Krystal Radlinski, at the K Gallery said...

My mom just forgot yummy custom-dyed wedding shoes for her wedding this February... she ended up running to Payless and wearing a cheap pair that killed her feet all day. Eeeek!