Referring to:


Now referring all clients to:

http://www.adoreevents.biz

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baking with your family…

In the month of December we have a family tradition, this is for all ages; therefore from my youngest to my oldest, their grandmother plus me. We always do a weekend of baking for the holiday’s and also for all of our holiday parties. Therefore, when we are invited to a party we are set to go with homemade goodies and aren’t stressing about how and when I will make them. Plus they are terrific teacher’s gifts. They are homemade and from the heart.
I wanted to share with you a new favorite recipe we tried this year that you and your family might enjoy.
Great Pumpkin Cookies
3 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 1/3 cups quick or old fashioned oats
1 ¾ tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp. salt
3 ½ sticks butter, softened
1 ¾ cups of sugar
1 ¾ cups of brown sugar
1 can of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
2 large eggs
1 ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups chopped walnuts
1 1/3 cups raisins

Mix all well flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, eggs, and extract; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins.

DROP: ¼ cup dough onto greased baking sheet; spread into 3-inch circle. Repeat with remaining dough.
BAKE: in preheated 350 degree oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate with decorator icing if desired. Makes 40 large cookies.

I hope you will enjoy baking with your family.

Don’t forget the holiday traditions that you have always had when you were growing up. We always had Pumpkin Bread, Date Rice Krispies Balls, and Yum Yum Cookies plus many more but those are a few of my favorites that I must always make. I invite you to share with me one of your favorite recipes.

No comments: