Referring to:


Now referring all clients to:

http://www.adoreevents.biz

Sunday, July 12, 2009

White Winter Décor Inspiration Board

Colors: White and Silver
Theme: Glittering Snow
This idea board was created for a bride who wanted a winter theme without being “Christmas-y.” I wanted to give her the feel of fresh fallen snow in the morning sun. The use of tree branches as centerpieces seemed to appropriately capture the bareness of winter. I did, however, encounter the possibility of creating an overly rigid focus. I softened the branches by combining the glittering effect of reflective disks and dangling crystals. This added to the idea of melting snow at sunrise. To finalize the winter motif, I would like to add small birds nestling together in the branches. This incorporates the hope and warmth that the coming spring will provide.
On the table I wanted to sprinkle fake snow bits and add candles of different widths and heights for lightings. I the board you will see a candle that has been rolled in glitter. I thought it really brought the theme together. I loved the idea of throwing in a snow globe with a picture slot as a table number!
As for favors, I feel that the bride and groom can find just about anything in white or wrapped in silver paper for their guests. As an added detail, one could even use snow flake stickers to truly tie in the theme.
~Denise

No comments: